- K&N PRO
- K&N PRO
- EURO RACECAR
- WHELEN SOUTHERN MOD
Birth date: June 9, 1990
Hometown: Mequon, Wisc.
Residence: Huntersville, N.C.
Rebecca Kasten, 19, like many aspiring drivers, began her racing career in go-karts. But unlike many drivers who start racing when they are young, Kasten did not start racing competitively until she was nearly 17 years old.
After a successful season in karts, Kasten moved up to stock cars in 2007. That season she competed in 41 short track races in late models and limited late models. As a rookie, she was able to adapt quickly and gain a tremendous amount of skill and knowledge.
In her second full year of racing stock cars, Kasten decided to go all out and test some of Wisconsin's most famous tracks, including International Speedway, Madison International Speedway and Slinger Speedway, on a weekly basis.
Kasten would make history during the summer of 2008, becoming the first female to win a Late Model feature at Madison International Speedway, win a Late Model feature at Wisconsin International Raceway and win a race with the Big 8 Late Model Series at Golden Sands Speedway.
Last season, Kasten continued racing in Wisconsin and throughout the United States in ASA Late Model competition.
Outside of racing, Kasten is very active in sports. She played on her high school girl’s golf team for four years and played on the Ozaukee County U-19 girl’s hockey team for seven years. She has received many awards and honors for her performance in both hockey and golf.
Kasten is dedicated to her racing career, and spends much of her time learning how the cars work, reading books about racing, watching races and maintaining her level of physical fitness.
• In 2009, raced in 12 ASA Late Model events at various tracks; tallied six top 10 finishes.
• Competed in both the ASA Late Model Series and Big 8 Limited Late Model Series in 2008; competed primarily at Slinger Speedway, also raced at Madison International Speedway and Tri‐County Speedway.
• Competed in the Mid‐American Stock Car Series in 2007, running over 40 limited late model events at various short tracks.
• Won a limited late model race at Golden Sands Speedway in 2007.
• Raced go‐karts in 2005 and 2006, before advancing to limited late models.